The Origin of Life Headline of the Day: Ice-blasting test proves that comet impacts can spark life’s ingredients
- BBs shot into chemical loaded ice produce amino acids!
- Life requires amino acids
- Thus comet impacts could create “chemical building blocks of life”
- (SHHH! Don’t tell anyone life requires left-handed amino acids…)
The Origin of Presidents Headline of the Day: Hail errosion test proves that weather can create Mt Rushmore’s presidents
- Experiments show hail can remove small pieces of rock from a mountain
- The presidents’ heads at Mt Rushmore’s were made by removing pieces of rock
- Thus we’ve shown that hail could produce the Mt Rushmore Presidents!
Forest Gump paraphrase of the day: Life is like a scrabble board
All origin of life scenarios are like a claim that we’ve determined how the wooden scrabble letters might be made. If someone figures out a materialist method to create the exclusively left-handed amino acids life requires, that would be perhaps equivalent to creating wooden letters for a scrabble board. These letters are required. Consider a scrabble board filled with the millions of words, sentences, and paragraphs of the specifications for building the space shuttle. If I explain to you how to make a wood letter, I have not explained the origin of the info for building the space shuttle. There is no hint of any materialistic method for creating such information.
Intelligent Design (ID)
- Is *NOT* an “argument from ignorance”
- Is an “inference to the best explanation”
Opponents continually pretend to misunderstand this, and they continually misrepresent ID accordingly. What they really demand is only an “inference to the best *materialist* explanation” as demanded by their worldview.